Listen up, prepsters! Fall is the time to show off your new kicks, tennis shoes, boots, booties, shoes–whatever you want really. Anyone who is a prepster knows that there are certain standards for preppy sneakers to uphold. It is an unwritten fact that monogramming is always a good idea and color, color, color is everything. Certain brands such as Hunter, Tory Burch, Coach, and Kate Spade are among the favorites of preppy designers. Swoon all you want as we Sloanies have picked a few fall foot finds that we think (make that KNOW) are the bees knees of fall fashion.
1. Street Style: Pink Chuck Taylors are always a good idea no matter the season. Feel free to swap out the white laces for a fun color pop.
2. Monogrammed Kicks: Customize your own sneakers with cool shops on crafting site such as Etsy. Etsy has a creative shop called, Lil Darlings Designs. Shopping here should be a season must!
3. Keds: A Good pair of Keds, like these coral shoes, never go out of style! Just ask Taylor Swift.
4. A Pulitzer Print: Want one-of-a-kind tennis shoes? Click on over to Etsy where sweet shops such as Simply Sierras has unique Lilly inspired hand painted shoes!
5. Dunk It: Sporty and preppy? What about these pink Nike high tops? Come on, you’ve got game!
So far so good right? Everyone knows that back to school time is the prime time (and excuse) to purchase new kicks. We girls, get extra lucky as we can’t have just one pair of shoes. Let’s keep shopping…
6. Seersucker: Seersucker sneakers go with everything! Luckily, Keds thinks so too!
7. White Hot: Yes, you can wear white after Labor Day! Don’t believe us? Slip on these super cute and super white hot Vans high tops. A fun tip to keeping your whites white, a little white vinegar spray with a damp cloth can help with the removal of ugly stains.
8. Mellow in Yellow: Yellow should be a color worn no-matter the season. Try these cheerful Sperry Boat Shoes on for size. P.S. No boating is required!
9. Suede: Say it with us,”Autumn Suede” you’ll be one haute momma in these preppy RL Polo caramel colored kicks! As a bonus, these little darlings will go with just about anything.
10. Simple and Blue: Simple slip-on blue shoes are a great go-to before jaunting off to class or a early morning latte run. Don’t forget the socks!
With these top ten fall shoe picks you’re sure to be the belle of the class. Any of these shoe picks already add some extra flare of sass. Don’t forget the tip above. Cool socks can make an okay shoe a great shoe! Preppy shops such as J.Crew, Old Navy, and Target have a slew of fun socks to make any of these kicks above pop. Want some extra fun? Retailers are now adding fun sock embellishments like ruffles, pom-poms, and fringe!
Whatever you pick sneaker-wise show us your prep with #SloanieSneakerPride